Monday, March 7, 2011

#15 - Dressing Up

As you've probably noticed, I love clothes and shoes, but I cannot do hair or make-up at all. So I generally don't bother (hair is either 'up' or 'down' - there are no other styles. And make-up consists of mascara, foundation and lip gloss). I also don't particularly care for bags, even though a lot of girls who like shoes tend to like bags as well. This was the first time I'd worn this dress. I bought it a couple of weeks ago, but I had been debating about whether it was something I could wear to work. When I bought it, the sales assistant said she wanted to buy it too, to wear to a wedding. While I agree that it would be a nice dress to wear to a wedding, I don't really have any weddings to go to in the near future. I was having a discussion today with another sales assistant about dressing up. I like wearing pretty skirts and dresses, and I have to go to work 5 days a week, so I figure that I might as well wear things I like on those days. I know a lot of people who think that work isn't worth dressing up for, but if I didn't dress up for work every day, I'd have few occasions when I could!
These are some shoes I've had for a while, and they're from Diana Ferrari (which I think is an Australian brand). I don't wear them much as they're the kind of shoes that feel like they're cutting into your feet as soon as you put them on! But I do like the colour.

6 comments:

  1. Both dresses 14 and 15 are SUPER cute! I think dress 15 is neat because it would be appropriate for wearing either to work or a wedding. I am very impressed that you are up to 15 pairs of shoes. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style, I'm a dress girl as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mother in Heels! I'm trying to get off to a good start with the shoe challenge, as I have a lot of shoes to get through!

    Thanks so much, Emma Lilly! Wearing dresses is actually a fairly new thing for me. I've always been more into skirts, but in the past year or so I've become a dress convert :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what do you do at your work? I wish I could wear dresses to work everyday and not stand out too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The dress is so stunning!! Would you mind telling me which brand it is from? And the shoes are beautiful as well of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chee, I'm a lawyer, but I wouldn't say that I don't stand out in my dresses! Most people at my work don't exactly dress the way I do, but that doesn't bother me. Sometimes it still surprises me when people tell me I have a distinctive style, though!

    Thanks, shoeloving! Most of my clothes are from local Australian brands, and the dress is by Review. They don't currently have an online store, but I believe they're setting one up at their website: http://www.review-australia.com/

    ReplyDelete