Friday, September 9, 2011

Red soles

I have a confession to make. I only own one pair of Louboutins. And it's not because I don't like them, or because I can't afford them. It's because I'm too afraid to wear them.

With all the hype about the red soles, when I bought my pair, I started looking into those extra soles you can get to put on them, having them re-soled, cobblers in my area, other people's opinions on how to look after Louboutins, and it was all too much for me. I didn't know what to do. So I decided that I'd wear them, but only inside, and on carpet. (I even changed into flats when I was going to the kitchen or bathroom at work).

My sister has a pair of Louboutins too, and I've worn hers more than I've worn my own, because she's okay with wearing them outside. She's always telling me that they're meant to be loved and worn, and earlier this week, I decided that I was just going to do it. I wore mine outside for the first time, and they did get damaged quite a lot even from that one day. But I think I can accept it. Maybe now I'll look into buying another pair!



2 comments:

  1. I totally understand the feeling! It's just so sad to see wear on a beautiful sole...got the same problem with some shoes of mine. Also, with all the horrible cobblestones we have here I'm even afraid of wearing shoes with fabric covered heels because they get ruined to easily. I love to keep shoes in a condition as good as possible! But of course your sister is right, after all shoes are meant to be worn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara - I am from Australia as well (but live in London) and started Save Your Sole (www.saveyoursole.co.uk) in 2010 to solve this exact problem as I felt exactly the same way! We now sell touch up paint (in the exact red) so that you can touch up and make the sole look as new as the day you bought them! And your sister is right - the shoes are meant to be worn :)

    ReplyDelete