Sunday, August 7, 2011

#81, 82 & 83 - Week 24

I'm still behind with uploading my photos. These ones are from last week. I'm starting to think I should've done a 'dress challenge' rather than a shoe challenge this year! I wore two of my new Betsey Johnson dresses this week, and while these were classified as 'day dresses' on Betsey's website, they are still basically party dresses. It's quite a feat to make a strapless party dress wearable for work in an office, but I hope I managed it. I love floral dresses. I tried to stop wearing them to work, but lately my theory is that if they're dark-coloured, they're probably work-wearable.

Anyway, this Betsey dress has a really full skirt and a lovely rose print. I had to wear it with a long cardigan to make it look a bit more conservative, but I can't wait to wear it again for a more dressy occasion.
This is one of many pairs of pink flats I own. (Why do I have so many flats? Whyyy?! If there's one thing I've learnt by doing the shoe challenge it is that I should own a couple of pairs of comfortable flats, and that's it). They're from Wittner. I still feel a bit like a clown when I wear colourful flats with black tights. At least the weather's starting to warm up and I hopefully won't have to wear tights for much longer.

Have I mentioned that the Cue Spring/Summer dresses are gorgeous? I think I'll buy my sister one for her birthday this month, as I probably can't justify buying myself a 5th one. They're so beautiful and Spring-like though! I wasn't sure if this one suited my colouring - I usually try to stay away from too much beige - but I liked it too much to care, really.
These are some of the most fabulous shoes I own. They're by Dolce and Gabbana, and I love the leopard-print hearts, although I don't love the way these shoes are super high and make my feet feel numb when I wear them! Still, the prettiness makes up for the discomfort, I think.

Here's my second Betsey Johnson dress for the week (I bought 3 in a sale they were having recently, and got some great deals on them - one was under $100). I wore this for casual Friday, and it's so pretty. I'm trying to wear something nice every Friday (at least the Fridays when I don't have court, meetings etc) because it's the one day of the week when anything goes. Most people in the office are wearing jeans, so I figure I can at least wear something not quite so conservative.
These are some more pink flats, from a Chinese shop I found in the mall a while ago, called Imagination. I bought a couple of pairs of shoes there, because they're cheap, relatively comfortable and they have cute floral designs.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny, sometimes random little Chinese shops have the cutest shoes! Only good to those of us with fairly small feet though.

    I'm the same as you when thinking about black tights with bright flats, somehow it just doesn't feel right, even though I'm more than happy to do it with heels! Strange.

    And those Betsey Johnson dresses are wonderful - she is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete