Saturday, February 26, 2011

#9 - Blue

Do you ever have days when you can't find anything to wear, even though you have drawers and cupboards and shelves full of clothes, and yet you still keep a big pile of clothes on the floor of your bedroom, and your friends say "I can't believe you leave $300 dresses lying on the floor!"? Today was such a day for me. In the end, I decided that instead of trying to match a cream top with a cream cardigan and shoes, I'd just go all out with the colours and patterns and matching, and I ended up with this:
These are probably some of my prettiest shoes. They're by Gucci, and they're actually half a size too big, but I loved them so much that I bought them anyway. Unfortunately, a former boss of mine at work once spilled her hot chocolate on them. I carefully cleaned them as much as I could, and although no chocolatey marks are visible on them from a distance, I still know they're there, and it's something that's probably always going to bother me.
I am about to take off my nail polish, leave all my skirts and heels at home, and go off to the rainforest with my mother for the weekend, where there will be no TV and no phone reception. Hopefully it'll be a nice break for us, and I'll be back tomorrow night.

6 comments:

  1. gucci and the rain forrest all in one paragrapgh thats intense!

    www.melissa-thatgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very pretty shoes! I'm so sorry to hear about the hot chocolate, that is a bummer. They do look nice and clean from here though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ladies! I do love my shoes, but sometimes it's nice to go back to nature... Although after seeing a leech on the weekend (yuck!), I've decided to stick to safer activities next weekend, like shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these - really pretty! Leeches, less nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT IS THE NAME OF THESE? I seriously have to find these, they are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ali!

    Katie, I have no idea what the name of these shoes is, sorry! But they are from Gucci, and I bought them about a year ago... I don't think they're from a particularly recent season. They also came in a red floral version.

    ReplyDelete