Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Shoeper Shoe Challenge 2011

Tomorrow is the start of Shoeperwoman's shoe challenge for this year, which I've decided to do, as I have a lot of shoes which could do with being worn more often.
I counted my shoes, and I had 126 pairs which I decided to include in the challenge. This doesn't include flip flops and flat sandals (which I don't consider to be proper shoes), running shoes (I seem to have 3 pairs, none of which are even comfortable, and isn't that the point of running shoes?), and winter boots which I'll have no hope of wearing here in Australia. It also doesn't include the pair of plain black heels I keep at work (for when my 4" stacked wooden Gucci heels are killing my feet and I just can't wear them anymore), which have been dubbed "the most boring shoes I own" by my cubemate.

I don't think I'm off to a good start, as I've already bought 2 more pairs of shoes since the shoe challenge count!

So let's make that 128 pairs to start with! That shouldn't be too hard, right? I should technically be able to wear each pair at least twice. But I do have a few favourite pairs that I'm sure I'll want to wear several times throughout the year, and then there are some pairs which I look at now and wonder what I was thinking when I bought them. I can see that some of my shoes are not going to make it through the challenge, but that's probably a good thing.

I didn't get around to taking a photo of my whole shoe collection, mainly because I store most of them in their boxes, and it would have taken me forever to get them all out for a photo. But for anyone who might be reading this, you can expect to see a lot of pretty, colourful shoes here throughout the year. I took this photo in my closet a while ago:

You'll be pleased to hear that I've cleaned up my closet considerably since this photo was taken, and it's not nearly so much of a mess anymore. Still, one of the main problems I have when it comes to deciding which shoes to wear every day is not being able to see or find most of them. But we'll see how it goes, starting tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sara!
    Thanks for your comment! You have a great collection of shoes too)) I'm following you to see how you style them!

    xx
    Tali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like ypur blog. What are these turquoise shoe with rose? They're lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, fashpiracje! The ones on the top shelf? They're from Wittner, which I believe is an Australian brand. I'll be sure to post more pictures of them soon, when I wear them :)

    ReplyDelete