Wednesday, February 16, 2011

#2 - Why I don't wear black

Black seems to be s staple colour in most people's wardrobes, but it's not in mine. This is because (a) I love colour (if I had a motto, it would probably be "why wear black when you can wear pink", or "yellow is the new black"), (b) black doesn't really suit me as it makes me look more pale than I already am, and (c) all of my black clothes end up covered in fur.

I have a theory about (c). Wherever there is a black item of clothing, a cat will appear.
Anyway, I did actually wear some black today. Here I am with the furry culprit, my baby Nemo.

I should probably mention that I am a cat person, but I'll try not to talk about it too much. I have somehow managed to cut off one of my shoes in the above photo, even though it is supposed to be a photo of my shoes, so I think I'll have to work on my photography a bit!

Here's a close-up of my shoes (and my cat), which are from Poetic Licence. I like Poetic Licence shoes because they're interesting without being as crazy as Irregular Choice shoes (I like Irregular Choice too, but some of their shoe styles aren't as practical for work, which is where I usually wear my heels). I don't find them comfortable at all - I think I've had to put Dr Scholl's insoles in all 4 pairs I own - but a bit of discomfort is a small price to pay for cute shoes!

4 comments:

  1. aww your cats face in the last picture is adorable. The black skirt looks really nice, although a bit of colour is always better. ^^ good luck with the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Good luck to you too :) That's my cat's crazy face, hehe. He's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can/should talk about your adorable cat even more. :) I also have an orange cat. They are lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, thanks! I'm sure my kitty will be featured in more of my posts soon, as he likes to be involved in everything :)

    ReplyDelete