Tuesday, April 12, 2011

#41 - Green!

I wore one of my new Alannah Hill dresses today. I was undecided about buying it - although I love the print, I wasn't sure about the style - but I really do like it now. I didn't feel that it was particularly bright or colourful, but that's what everyone kept telling me today. I also wore these cute little green turtle earrings I got from my cousin years ago.I love these shoes. They're last season D&G shoes, and they're so beautiful, but I have to admit that I rarely wear them. I can never find anything to match with them! I don't dislike green, but I tend not to buy anything green, and I think the reason is my high school uniform. After wearing green every day for 5 years, I guess I'm over it. I feel a bit like a cheat, because I actually didn't wear these shoes for very long today. I intended to wear them all day, but because the heels are so high, they're quite hard to walk in, and I really didn't have the energy for them. I usually wear 2 pairs of shoes a day (flats for walking in, and heels the rest of the time), so even if I had 500 pairs of shoes I think I could probably still get through the shoe challenge in a year! I'll try to wear these again before the end of the year.


But here's the strange thing about these shoes - there is a gold and green insect on the front. It appears to be a fly (or maybe some kind of beetle? I am not an insect expert!), which is something you don't often see decorating shoes!


I have a boring meeting tomorrow, so I'm trying to find something to wear that is conservative yet colourful...

7 comments:

  1. Your dress is a lovely print and shape/fit, you look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that shade of green. And the bug/insect/critter is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the shoes, especially because of the bug! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress and shoes are so elegant! I love the bug on those shoes and their shades of green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, everyone! I'm always on the lookout for clothes that might match these shoes, and I've found a few things to wear with them lately, so hopefully I'll be able to start wearing them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow these heels are GORGEOUS! seriously they are so , so pretty

    ReplyDelete