Friday, September 9, 2011

#98 - On wearing heels

This was one of my shoe saves from last week, but I'm a bit late with posting again. After my post on too-short dresses last week, I bought another short dress, but I tried to find a way of making it look longer. It didn't really work.

I think the problem was that the skirt I wore under the dress wasn't as full as the skirt part of the dress, so it looked a bit strange. I'm definitely going to invest in some proper tulle skirts of all different lengths and colours, and I'm sure that will help.

My shoes were bought from a random shoe store in town on sale a year or two ago, but I must say, I really love them! They're a bit sparkly for everyday wear, but they're so pretty and velvety.


I happened to overhear a girl talking about wearing heels the other day, and I just wanted to share this story because I can't stop thinking about it. She said "I'm still enough of a slave to fashion that I try to wear heels to work." I was horrified because it's such a negative way of thinking about it. I never feel like a 'slave' to fashion. I love clothes and shoes, and putting together outfits. I know not everyone does, but if you don't like a particular type of clothing/shoes, why wear them? I know a lot of girls who just wear flats to work, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I generally wear flats on my way to work, and change them once I get there. But when I'm sitting at my desk, taking off my boring flats and putting on my gorgeous heels, I never think "Ugh, here we go again." I always think "Yay! Look at my beautiful shoes!"

How can shoes like this make you feel anything but happy?!


3 comments:

  1. On the foto at least the underskirt looks nice with the dress! I always love your dresses! But reading the part about the girl, I also can't understand the feeling. I'd rather hate having to wear boring shoes - luckily the places where I interned were pretty relaxed! But people should definitely wear something they feel comfortable in, there are so many office appropriate low heels and flats that I don't really see a reason why one should choose a style one dislikes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looks great in my beautiful feet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it mlooks awesome. Might be a good idea to sew a patch of tulle at the end of each dress so it's more comfy than wearing a skirt under it

    ReplyDelete