Tuesday, July 12, 2011

#73 - Retro

I'm about halfway through my shoe challenge now (although I keep making it harder for myself by buying new shoes!), but I think it's only going to get harder from here on, as the only shoes I have left are multicoloured shoes that don't match anything, and boring shoes that I don't really like or wear anymore. Maybe I'll voluntarily throw some of those out rather than force myself to wear them this year.

Anyway, last Friday, I thought I'd do my own version of 'casual Friday' and wear something a little crazier than usual. Often when I get dressed in the mornings lately, I think "If my sister was here, she'd veto this outfit!" I realised on the way to work that I don't know anyone else who'd wear an outfit like this, but I think I'm okay with that.
I just got this skirt from Dorothy Perkins (and might I say, their shipping takes aaages! It must've come by boat or something!) and these shoes from Modcloth. Whenever I looked down at my shoes that day, I felt like I was in another era. They're different to any other shoes I have, but I really like them.(I don't wear light-coloured tights very often, because I'm pale enough as it is, and they make me look like I have blue/purple skin!)

Anyway, speaking of pretty pink things, I got my beautiful boots from Mulberry last week! I've been wearing them around the house a lot, and they're currently sitting on my jewellery box so that I can admire them. Mulberry also have the best packaging I've ever seen - they sent me all sorts of cute things, like stickers and some kind of badges/pins. I only wish they were still having their online sale so that I could buy more shoes!

2 comments:

  1. Just catching up on your wonderful blog - your photos and posts are becoming so much more whimsical and fabulous.

    I love Nemo x

    ReplyDelete