Monday, July 18, 2011

#75 & 76 - Colours

These are not the most exciting of outfits, but as I've discovered, in the quest to save shoes, it's not always possible to wear fabulous shoes with fabulous outfits. Someone told me last week that you should have no more than 6 colours in your wardrobe. (Apparently, the fewer colours you have, the easier they are to match). As you've probably noticed, I have EVERY colour in my wardrobe. I can't think of a single colour I don't wear. (I may not have saved any yellow shoes yet, but they'll be coming soon!) Sometimes it is a bit of a problem; I have shoes that don't match any of my clothes. But I do have rather a lot of both shoes and clothes, and if the need arises, I will buy an outfit just to match a pair of shoes (or vice versa).

Anyway, these shoes below (from Tony Bianco, I believe) are an example of shoes I bought without having any clothes to match. They're an unusual colour (it's more purple than blue), but I've since found 2 tops and a cardigan to match, so I have been able to get some use out of them.
Please excuse my photo fail. I somehow managed to cut one of my shoes out of the picture above.

This is a rather plain outfit, but I have to say that this cardigan is one of my favourite items of clothing. It doesn't really stand out, and it's hard to see in this picture, but it has lace at the ends of the sleeves which partly covers my hands, like something out of the 1600s.
My sister tells me that these shoes are dull, but to that I say they're Burberry! Burberry isn't about being trendy and flashy; it's more reserved and classic. They may not be the most exciting shoes in the world, but I think there's something appealing about them.

1 comment: